As much as I enjoy wearing two hats, working as a full time accountant and blogging two to three times a week have turned out to be a little more taxing than I envisioned. Plus, I have some personal stuff I have to deal with, hence for the last several weeks, I decided to give myself some time off from blogging for some R&R. The perk of being your own “boss” ha!
Like most vacations, it started to get a bit dull after a while. Am I on my own with this statement? 😉
So here I am, back to the blogosphere with a four-ingredients peanut butter and pretzel cookies.
If you remove the pretzels, the peanut butter cookies recipe is made up of only three ingredients: peanut butter, sugar and egg. Oh my, I can only wish that life could be as simple as this!
If you want to make a gluten free option, you can replace the pretzel with some nuts for toppings (say embedding some raw peanuts) or you could keep it simple with just the three ingredients.
The texture of these cookies remind me of the Chinese New Year peanut cookies which are more crumbly than chewy. Since I halved the amount of sugar from the original recipe, these cookies have more of a savoury note than a sugary one, which satisfied my savoury tooth.
Print 4 Ingredients Peanut Butter & Pretzel Cookies
About 12 cookies
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar (or normal white caster sugar)
- 1 egg
- About 12 mini pretzels (I used the Parker’s Baked Wheat Mini Pretzels)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a cookie pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add peanut butter, sugar and egg. Use a spoon/fork to mix all the ingredients until a cookie dough is formed.
- Lightly oil your palm with cooking oil. Roll a spoonful of cookie dough onto the prepared pan. Repeat with the remaining of the dough.
- Slightly flatten the individual cookie dough with your palm and embed with a mini pretzel.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 6 to 8 minutes. As per the original recipe, do not over bake the cookies and they are still soft and just barely brown on the bottoms.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before consumption.
Recipe was tweaked from www.allrecipes.com
Tip: Lightly grease the measuring cup with coking oil to ensure the peanut butter slides off easily onto the mixing bowl.
3.1http://www.fussfreecooking.com/recipe-categories/sugary-treats/easy-baking-recipe-4-ingredients-peanut-butter-pretzel-cookies/Visit www.fussfreecooking.com for more delicious recipes.