When Charmaine of wangirls.blogspot.com.au featured these MaltEaster chocolate bunnies on her Instagram, I know I have to get my hand these. Aren’t they cute?
In one of her replies, she mentioned that she got them from Kmart but I have found them in Coles instead.
I really want to incorporate these chocolate bunnies in my Easter themed baked goods and these buttermilk cupcakes are what I came up with.
Side note: I used this baked donut batter recipe for the cupcakes. For some reason, I had trouble getting the donuts out of the donut pan but I was impressed with the taste and texture and decided to turn the batter into cupcakes instead. To adorn the buttermilk cupcakes, I gently pressed the chocolate bunnies into them, likened to the bunnies are popping out of the ground. To conceal the cracks, I added some sprinkles.
PrintEaster Buttermilk Cupcakes with MaltEaster Chocolate Bunny
- 1 ¼ cups (5 oz.) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- ? cup canola oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp. white vinegar
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 8 MaltEaster Chocolate Bunnies
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Stir until well combined with a fork.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredient mixture, add oil, buttermilk, egg and vanilla extract. Stir until the batter is just mixed.
- Use a spoon and a fork and equally distribute the batter into 8 baking cups.
- Baked the cupcakes in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the cake tester comes out clean.
- When the cupcakes are cooled completely, gently press the chocolate bunnies into the cupcakes and top them with sprinkles.
The cupcake batter recipe is adapted from www.saveur.com. You will also need 16 paper baking cups. The oil from the cupcakes seeped through the baking cups. So before serving, I added another baking cup to the cupcakes for presentation purpose.
3.1http://www.fussfreecooking.com/recipe-categories/sugary-treats/easter-buttermilk-cupcakes-with-malteaster-chocolate-bunny/Visit www.fussfreecooking.com for more delicious recipes.
Don’t forget to subscribe to Fuss Free Cooking for regular meal inspirations delivered straight to your inbox!