(Bagel Chips with Walnut Dukkah Crusted Cream Cheese ft. Philadelphia Spreadable Chive & Onion Cream Cheese)
Hi guys, today I am sharing part one of the two parts party nibble series to celebrate my FAVOURITE last quarter of the year. Since I am now living in Melbourne, it is only natural to be all festive about the approaching Melbourne Cup. 😉
Despite my zero knowledge in horse racing, I love to follow the fashion at the races. Beautiful dresses and colourful fascinators, what’s not too love?
Besides the dresses and fascinators, party nibbles are what I would associate spring races with. So in the spirit of the upcoming Melbourne Cup Day which will fall on 4th November, I am collaborating with Philadelphia Australia to share my take on fuss free party nibbles recipes.
PrintBagel Chips with Walnut Dukkah Crusted Cream Cheese
- Bagel Chips:-
- 3 plain bagels
- Olive oil
- 15g walnut
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsps sesame seeds
- Light sprinkling of paprika optional
- 150g tub of Philadelphia Spreadable Chive & Onion Cream Cheese (for larger groups, use the 250g tub of Philly, or for a different flavour you can also try this nibbles dish with Philly’s 150g Smoked Salmon and Dill or Garlic and Herb spreadable!)
Walnut Dukkah Crusted Cream Cheese:-
- To make bagel chips:
- Preheat oven to 180C (convection oven) / 160C (fan force oven). Line baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Slice bagel into half a centimeter rounds using a serrated knife (I used a steak knife). Then arrange them on the prepared baking tray. Lightly drizzle with some olive oil and bake them for 10 minutes or until they turned crispy and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the bagel chips to cool completely. Then, store them in an airtight container until you’re ready to serve.
- Toast the walnut, cumin seeds and sesame seeds until slightly aromatic and transfer to a plate to cool. Process the them walnut-seeds mixture in a small processor until resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Remove the Philadelphia cream cheese from its container (as a whole). Line the container with cling wrap and press the walnut dukkah on the base and the side of the container. Carefully transfer the cream cheese back to the container and press gently to fit the cream cheese in the container snugly. Refrigerate the cream cheese until you are ready to serve.
To make the walnut dukkah crusted cream cheese:
3.1http://www.fussfreecooking.com/recipe-categories/meatless-recipes/chickpea-polenta-cracker-bagel-chips-walnut-dukkah-recipes-quick-party-nibbles-ideas-philadelphia-cream-cheese/Visit www.fussfreecooking.com for more delicious recipes.
If you like what you see here, why not subscribe to Fuss Free Cooking for regular meal inspirations delivered straight to your inbox!